Tuesday 25 August 2009

Ramadhan Karim

Assalamualaikum warahmatullah wabarakatuh,

Ramadhan Karim. May you get the best out of this holy month.

Thought I have entered a new phase of my life, I should start a new blog. I don't actually have much time to write but I miss writing this a lot from my previous blog. I hope to maintain this a much as I can.

I miss my friends in the UK very much. Not just that they are my friends, but sisters who care for me and share all my ups and downs together while I was alone there. My life would not be as colourful and fulfilling without all these sisters who are always there. Now that I am in Malaysia, I miss them not because I want to have the same life again in the UK. I miss them because they are people who meant a lot for me. It is worthy to always remember them and I pray that this friendship or rather this sisterhood will stay as long as I can keep it. Every time I remember them, I make dua for them. Every time I miss them, I tell myself, I should miss ALLAH and Prophet Muhammad (saw) more. These sisters always remind me of ALLAH. I miss them because of ALLAH.

This blog is named 'Knowledge is light' from a famous poem written by Imam ash-Shafi'i (ra) who was one of the four main Imams in the Fiqh schools of thought. When he was a student, he complained to his teacher - Waki' Ibn al-Jarrah that he had poor memory. His teacher told him to leave disobedience in order to attain good memory in his study. In the poem it says:

I complained to Waki's about my poor memories
So he advised me to abandon disobedience, and he said
Know that knowledge is light
And the light of ALLAH is not bestowed upon a disobedient

Here is a song about this poem:



Again, Ramadhan Karim. May ALLAH accept all our fasts, good deeds, repentance and prayers. Please keep me in your prayer.

ALLAHU'alam.

Wassalam.

No comments:

Post a Comment